This is a great opportunity for an experienced IT professional to take responsibility for developing our forward digital business strategy and implementing a new enterprise resource planning software (SAP )System at our engineering/manufacturing facility in Greater Manchester.
The company designs, develops and manufactures products for the defence industry, and has a century of engineering excellence and innovation – ranging from concept design to prototype manufacture and full-scale production.
Reporting to our CFO we will be looking for you to create and deliver a business-relevant Industry 4.0 digital roadmap to support and leverage our core business strengths.
Specifically, this will include the introduction of SAP to provide an integrated approach for technology deployment across the business.
With two direct reports, your responsibilities will include:
- Management of information technology, servers, network security and computer systems across the business.
- Drive continuous improvement.
- Deliver a number of IT projects.
- Implementation of SAP as our new enterprise resource planning system.
- Deliver ongoing improved, modern IT systems.
- Plan, organise, control and evaluate IT and electronic data operations.
- Design, develop, implement and coordinate IT systems, policies and procedures.
- Data security, network access and backups, system functionality.
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions.
- Preserve assets, information security and control structures.
- Handle annual budget and ensure cost-effectiveness.
Clearly, we are looking for someone with strong enterprise IT credentials and experience. Our ideal candidate will have a relevant IT Degree (Ideally Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field).
It is essential that you also have:
- SAP implementation experience.
- A strong technical skillset developed in complex engineering environments.
- A successful track record in the delivery and ongoing improvement of modern IT systems.
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems.
- Expertise in data centre management and data governance.
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation.
- Comprehensive understanding of network architecture and client/server technology.
- Software development abilities preferred.
- IT Project Management experience.
This is a full-time permanent position. Please apply with a CV and details of your current salary level and availability.
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can find you jobs better!