Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
Samsara builds an extensive set of hardware devices, including battery-powered, wireless environmental sensors, IoT gateways, and internet-connected dash cameras. We are passionate about solving new customer challenges and expanding our portfolio of available offerings. Samsara’s Industrial Team is designed to iterate extremely quickly to deliver new products for new customers with a spectrum of challenges across industries including manufacturing, energy, and utilities. The Samsara Industrial sales and implementation motion are heavily dependent on our Channel Partners for sales through design and implementation and the Partner Applications Engineer role will be focused on building the technical foundations on which these partnerships are built.
This position is based in our San Francisco HQ location.
The Partner Applications Engineer Will Be A technical expert for our partners:
- Become an expert on Samsara’s industrial products and how best to deploy and adapt them for a variety of customer/partner challenges
- Serve as the primary technical point of contact to partners while proactively working with a constellation of engineers and business development stakeholders from Samsara, its partners, and end customers
Creative solutions designed for our products:
- Engage daily with a variety of partners across industries to discover and understand their challenges and apply Samsara solutions to solve them
- Experiment with and test new and potential products to understand their advantages, limitations, and deployment requirements, providing nuanced feedback to Product Management
A skilful and compelling educator:
- Own and execute partner technical training and certification curriculum, nurturing our partners to Samsara – Certification via self-guided labs, day-long on-site training, customer deployment ride-along, and continuing education
- Write clear and concise documentation and training collateral that both exemplifies top-notch technical writing and matches the high standards for user experience set at Samsara
A fervently collaborative communicator:
- Own and drive relationships with operational audiences of all kinds — from SCADA engineers to partner CTOs to understand business objectives and translate requirements into solutions.
- Work on a small, focused team growing a new business, 20 feet from our co-founders, Product Management, Sales, and Engineering
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
An Ideal Candidate Would Bring:
- Experience with hands-on / tinkering work that reflects an ability to install industrial solutions side-by-side with customers when required
- Great communication skills to translate complex or technical concepts to technical and non-technical customers and internal stakeholders across multiple mediums (written documents, videos, in-person lessons, etc.)
- Experience speaking with and engaging Systems Integrators/VARs to understand problems and customer business challenges
- Ability to find and explore new technical products and concepts in order to understand potential technical solutions and customer opportunities
- Comfort with accountability to multiple internal and external stakeholders, with ability to effectively prioritize between them
- Sensitivity to the sales cycle and able to handle challenging customer situations
- Good understanding of mechanical, electrical, and industrial automation systems
- Some programming experience
- B.S. degree, preferably in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or related field
– Working knowledge of PLCs and factory automation
– Knowledge of industrial controls, networking, and communications protocols
– 3-7 years of combined engineering and/or project management experience
– Minimum 1+ year of experience working within “Industry 4.0”, i.e., sensors, IOT, data analysis, automation, etc.
– Excellent written and verbal communications skills
– Willingness to travel 20-30% for on-site customer installations/partner engagements
– Previous hands-on experience with customer/partner evaluations and deployments
– Consistent track record of deploying and working with technical products
– Demonstrated ability to work on technical, hands-on projects that reflect craftsmanship, detail-orientation, basic electrical knowledge, and ability to troubleshoot
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colours, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approach of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.